Analysis
I must admit, the course outline assignment was tough! The hardest part was choosing a topic. I chose topic, 1st grade math. I started by looking up the standards for first grade and used those to create my objectives for the course. I struggled with the order of the objectives, so I just put them in an order that made most sense to me. I listed materials needed under the weekly objectives but didn't state much about the lessons. Although time consuming, I think I should have put more in my outline about actually teaching the lessons.
Lindsey,
ReplyDeletePersonally, I would like to know what you plan on teaching them overall. Since you did choose elementary, that may be a very hard question to answer. My suggestion would be to think about what you want them to learn. Let that question guide how you will teach. I also think that you want to keep it realistic. You are talking about 1st graders, and it will be very hard to keep a schedule at the ready for first grade. Anyway, I hope my suggestions help.